1. Collection of Personal Information
- Information you directly and voluntarily provide to us
Enquiry: If you provide your personal data to Prestige Developments to enquire about properties or events, or if you sign up to become a registered user of any website operated by Prestige Developments, you will be required to provide certain information as part of the registration process. This information may include your first and last name, email address, telephone number and business or home address.
Membership information is used to communicate with you, to design content and activities that we believe would be of interest to you, and to ensure that Prestige Developments will not violate any applicable sanctions in providing you access to Prestige Development’s goods and services. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these communications from us, please follow the instructions contained in an applicable communication you receive from us.
Events: Prestige Developments may host events for product knowledge sharing. If you register for a Prestige Developments event, we will access the information in your account to provide you with information and services associated with the event. If you register for one of our events and you are not a Prestige Developments member, we will collect your first and last name, email address, business or home address, information about the type of business you work for or with, which we will use to provide you with information and services associated with the event.
Communications with Prestige Developments: If you communicate or correspond with us by email, through postal mail, via phone or through other forms of communication, including our customer service centre, we may collect the information you provide as part of those communications. For example, if you correspond with us through email, we may collect and store the email address you use to send the applicable correspondence and use it to respond to your enquiry; to notify you of Prestige Developments events, or other services; or to keep a record of your complaint, accommodation request, and similar purposes.
- Information we automatically collect from you:
We may automatically collect information about you when you use the sites or our services. For example, if you access the sites through a computer, we will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, computer and connection information, IP address, pages you have visited and standard web log information. We may use remarketing tools that will serve ads to you based on your location, the content you have explored on our site to render ads to you after you have left our site. If you access the sites through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
We may automatically collect information from you when you use the sites using “cookies” and other similar technologies, such as web beacons. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognise the same browser navigating online at a later time. The cookies are not able to execute code or access other information stored on the computer. Web beacons are transparent pixel images that are used in collecting information about website usage, email response and tracking.
In addition to those mentioned above, third parties may also set cookies when you visit the site. In some cases, that is because we have hired a third party to provide services on our behalf, such as an enquiry form. Because your browser connects to those third parties, they are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities (but not any personally identifiable data) across websites or online services.
Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the sites may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the sites
- the date and time of your visit to the sites
- the amount of time you spend using the sites
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system, and platform
This information is collected to enhance the site performance and end user experience. You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. To learn more about your ability to manage cookies and web beacons, please consult the privacy features in your browser.
- Information you provide to payment processors:
All payments made to Prestige Developments are processed by third party processing service engaged by Prestige Developments. All information collected by these third-party providers for purposes of processing your payments is not available to us, unless you have otherwise provided this information to us in connection with your use of the sites or our products and services.
2. Marketing communications
We may combine your information with data we collect from our vendors and use it to improve and personalise the Prestige Developments website. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customisation programs, simply update your communication preferences at [email protected], or follow the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
3. Use, sharing and retention of personal information
- How we use your information
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our current products and to develop new ones. This allows us to:
- Facilitate the creation of and security of your account on our network
- Identify you as a user in our services
- Improve our services, website and how we operate our business
- Understand and enhance your experience using our website, products and related services
- Respond to your comments or questions (and for our support team to provide service)
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events and news regarding products and services offered by Prestige Developments
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help us understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity
- Information for individuals located in the European Union
Legal basis for the processing of personal information from EEA residents
If you reside within the European Economic Area (EEA), our processing of your personal information will be legitimised as follows:
- Whenever we require your consent for the processing of your personal information such processing will be justified pursuant to Article 6(1) lit (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). This article in the GDPR describes when processing can be done lawfully.
- If the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Prestige Developments or for taking any pre-contractual steps upon your request, such processing will be based on GDPR Article 6(1) lit (b). If this data is not processed, Prestige Developments will not be able to execute the contract with you.
- Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, we will process your information on basis of GDPR Article 6(1) lit (c), for example complying in the fields of employment law.
- And where the processing is necessary for the purposes of Prestige Development’s legitimate interests, such processing will be made in accordance with GDPR Article 6(1) lit (f), for example to detect fraud.
- You may also receive personalised advertising where you indicate to Prestige Developments specific interests by requesting information about a product or service or by indicating your marketing preferences in the Preference Centre (access to which is provided at the bottom of this page); however, you may also receive general communications regarding new launches, promotions, or schemes.
Transferring personal data from the EU to the UAE
Prestige Developments has its headquarters in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Information we collect from you will be processed in the United Arab Emirates. The security of your privacy and the information you give us is very important to us, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Prestige Developments or guarantee that your information on the Prestige Developments Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. When you enter sensitive information (such as log in credentials) on our order form or chat form, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Prestige Developments cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the sites and you do so at your own risk.
Prestige Developments participates in its compliance with the EU Privacy Shield Framework. Prestige Developments is committed to subjecting all personal information received from EU member countries to the Frameworks’ applicable principles (‘Principles’).
European Union data subject rights
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other countries’ privacy laws provide certain rights for data subjects (these are persons that can be identified).
If you wish to confirm that Prestige Developments is processing your personal data, or to have access to the personal data Prestige Developments may have about you, or have other questions, please contact us at [email protected].
You may also request information through our Data Subject Access Portal about:
- the purpose of the processing
- the categories of personal data concerned
- who else outside Prestige Developments might have received the data from Prestige Developments
- what the source of the information was (if you did not provide it directly to Prestige Developments)
- where the personal data is stored and how long it will be storedYou have a right to correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by Prestige Developments if it is inaccurate. You may request that Prestige Developments erase that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. You may also ask Prestige Developments for your personal data to be supplemented or updated, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. You may withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data or the further processing of personal data by Prestige Developments at any time. You may also request that Prestige Developments cease using your data for Direct Marketing purposes by emailing to [email protected].
In many countries (including EEA countries), you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how Prestige Developments processes your personal data. When technically feasible, Prestige Developments will; at your request, provide your personal data to you or transmit it directly to another controller. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format.
- Data storage and retentionYour personal data is stored by Prestige Developments on its servers, and on the servers of the database management services Prestige Developments engages, located in the United Arab Emirates. Prestige Developments retains data for the duration of the customer’s business relationship with Prestige Developments and otherwise as required under applicable law. Personal data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which your personal data are processed. We will retain your personal data as long as you are a Prestige Developments customer or require our services so that we can provide these services to you.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, at the moment you remove yourself from association with Prestige Developments or withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information, all your personal data received and stored will be erased if no longer needed by us. Unless we are required to retain this personal data by law or to comply with our regulatory obligations. In such a case, we will only keep this personal data for as long as necessary. For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact our data privacy resource at [email protected].
4. How to Contact Prestige Developments and modify your information or preferences
6. Questions, concerns, or complaints